POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PASTOR, The Greater Tried Stone Baptist Church
Position Title: Pastor
Job Location: 1363 Otis Place NW, Washington DC 20010
Salary: Available upon selection
Job Type: Full Time
The Greater Tried Stone Baptist Church is a long standing predominantly African American congregation located within and adjacent to the rejuvenated 14th Street commercial corridor of Northwest Washington, DC. We seek a spiritually led full-time Pastor who is an ordained minister; a loyal and faithful true person of God who loves the Lord and God’s people; an effective and motivating preacher who is also committed to continuing learning and self-development
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College, University, or Seminary
- Licensed and ordained minister in the Baptist Faith
- One to five years of pastoral and or ministerial experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of the scriptures and understanding of the Bible
- A good teacher able to convey the word of God and engage members
- Possess effective administrative skills and ability to organize and lead staff
- Administer the ordinances within the church
- Supervise all church staff members
- Moderates all meeting of the congregation for the transaction of business
- Provide general supervision of church activities
- Be ex-officio member of all church committees
- Perform pastoral responsibilities of visiting the sick and shut-in, counselling members - watching over their personal experiences and lives as one entrusted with the care of souls and expecting to give account.
- Provide or work with designate to provide instruction for all new members in the duties and privileges of membership
- Pass upon the qualification of events to be sponsored by or held in the church
- Be involved in church programs, including teaching bible classes, conducting biblical training and seminars
- Provide visionary leadership and ideas for maintenance/growth of church membership including younger members and community engagement
All interested candidates must complete and submit the Pastor Application Form at the following link: Pastor Application.
Submissions need to be received by December 14, 2023, to be considered in the initial batch of Candidates.
For additional information, please email a message using our contact form, Attn: Pulpit Committee.